Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Release-Defining Features

Someone asked me, "Why haven't you talked about the really big features in the Panorama beta?"

Well, I don't think CREATE EVENT ... TYPE DEADLOCK is any small thing, but you're right, I have not talked about Panorama's important release-defining features, features like [deleted], [erased] and [redacted] to name just three.

And therein lies my problem: I've agreed to the Panorama EULA which includes this clause:

5. CONFIDENTIALITY.
"Confidential Information" shall include the Program (including methods or concepts utilized therein) ... yadda, yadda, yadda.
Plus, I've signed more than one NDA, one that even includes a "morals clause", so I really can't talk about secret stuff unless I get written permission.

Don't get me wrong, I do have permission to write about some of the features, just not the big ones, like the three I mentioned above, and others like "In-Memory Mode" server operation which will compete for speed with MySQL's cheesy non-transactional data store but still be transactional.

In fact, there are two kinds of In-Memory Mode: Really Fast, and Faster Still, which are really great for...
"Mr. Carter, you'll have to come with us now. No, don't take anything with you. Now, put your hands behind your back, you have the right to remain silent..."

[cue the Doink Doink sound]

1 comment:

ChrisK said...

Perhaps the people who want to see the "release defining features" will just have to sign up for the beta software themselves!